CakePHP is a free, open-source, rapid development framework for PHP. It’s a foundational structure for programmers to create web applications.
CakePHP takes the monotony out of web development. Instead of reinventing the wheel every time you sit down to a new project, check out a copy of CakePHP and get started with the real guts of your application.
CakePHP has an active developer team and community, bringing great value to the project. In addition to keeping you from wheel-reinventing, using CakePHP means your application’s core is well tested and is being constantly improved.
Here’s a quick list of features you’ll enjoy when using CakePHP:
- Active, friendly community
- Flexible licensing
- Compatible with versions 4 and 5 of PHP
- Integrated CRUD for database interaction
- Application scaffolding
- Code generation
- MVC architecture
- Request dispatcher with clean, custom URLs and routes
- Built-in validation
- Fast and flexible templating (PHP syntax, with helpers)
- Email, Cookie, Security, Session, and Request Handling Components
- Flexible ACL
- Data Sanitization
- Flexible Caching
- Works from any web site directory, with little to no Apache configuration involved
Cakephp Video Tutorial
Soruce code for the above videos can be found at